Sunday, September 23, 2007

Caught My Eye

This article, http://www.careerjournal.com/jobhunting/interviewing/20060207-needleman.html, was the one that caught my eye the most. This article was about four tips for acing phone interviews. Most companies do their primary interview on the phone, so this is why it stood out the most for me. The four tips they gave were to minimize distractions, sharpen your verbal skill, prepare in advance and follow up. Although one may think that these four are simple things to do before a phone interview, many people get too nervous to think about the logical things they should do. When I prepare for a phone interview, I am going to make pre-written responses to typical questions I think my employer will ask me. Also, I will go to a quiet place with no distractions.

No comments: